Ahead of Tuesday’s Election Day in Illinois, there’s more to know, from major races to ballot amendments to where to vote and more.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to vote in this primary election, including early voting, mail-in voting, and going to the polls on Election Day.
are here Chicago Tribune Editorial BoardThe 2022 approval for the 8 November elections. See the full list here,
before primary, the Tribune editorial board asked candidates a series of questions to inform and support voters. here is full list of those answers,
Democratic Governor JB Pritzker is trying to win a second term as he faces Republican State Sen. Darren Bailey, one of the most conservative major party candidates for Illinois governor in generations. Bailey has focused her campaign on crime, the economy and education, while Pritzker tries to convince voters that she has led the state, while successfully guiding it through the COVID-19 pandemic. Abortion has also become a major campaign issue following the US Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the landmark decision of Roe v. Wade.
Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raul, a Democrat, is seeking his second term and is being challenged by Republican Tom DeVore, a civil attorney who sued the state and Pritzker for his school mask mandates and other executive orders. He made a name for himself. spread of coronavirus.
Former Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannolias, a Democrat, seeks to retake a statewide office by running for secretary of state against Republican state Representative Dan Brady. One of the two will replace longtime Secretary of State Jesse White, who is retiring from office after 24 years. The winner will lead an operation with more than 4,000 employees that oversees driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations, keeps track of business registrations, and maintains the organ and tissue donation registry.
Democrat US Sen. Tammy Duckworth is looking to win a second, six-year term against Republican Kathy Salvi. In 2016, Duckworth took the seat of Barack Obama once, defeating Republican Mark Kirk. Salvi is an advocate of Mundelin and touts a conservative agenda, while Duckworth, an Iraq War veteran, has become a nationally popular politician elected to vice president by President Joe Biden.
Two of the seven seats on the Illinois Supreme Court are up for grabs and Republicans have a chance of securing a majority for the first time in more than half a century.
Should Illinois state constitution provide workers with the right to unionize and bargain collectively? This question will be at the top of ballots across the state.
Many of the biggest races for Congress took place in the June primary but there are still many important contests for the US House. The 17th Congressional District of Illinois could result in Republicans now taking a seat in Democratic hands and several suburban districts shaping up to be interesting on Election Day.
- 17th District: In the Battle of the US House, one of the most important battles is in northwest Illinois
- 6th district: In a campaign raising social issues, US Representative Shawn Castane seeks to consolidate power against Keith Pecau
- 11th District: Abortion, Inflation Among Key Issues as Challenge Catalina Lough Takes on Existing Bill Foster in New Suburban 11th Congressional District
- 14th DistrictGOP contender Scott Grieder says local experience could help him oust US Representative Lauren Underwood from Congressional race
- Seats with no incumbent in the 1st, 3rd and 13th Congress districts: Challengers vie for seats in the US House, with no incumbent on the ballot
- Seats where the incumbent candidates have an electoral edge2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 15th, 16th congressional districts: Redrawn Illinois congressional map gives electoral edge over newcomers, but issues like economy, crime, abortion also a factor can play.
Each county office in Cook County and one of the 17 seats on the Cook County Board is up for grabs during this general election. At the top of the list is President Tony Prekwinkle, who is seeking his fourth term in office versus the former Chicago eld. Bob Fioretti, who is running as a Republican. A referendum for Cook County Forest Conservation is also on the ballot.